Sinch brings businesses and people closer with tools enabling personal engagement. Our cloud communications platform reaches every mobile phone on the planet, in seconds or less, through mobile messaging, voice and video.
Sinch has been profitable from the start and has continuously grown its business both organically and through 9 acquisitions. With a revenue of over 4bn SEK (R12M), global presence and highly profitable, we are one of Sweden’s largest SaaS/Cloud companies. We are publicly listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
Our expert teams are built from some of the most experienced in the industry. We employ people from all over the world, from all walks of life and from all backgrounds. We work together, feeding on our diversity to make us stronger, and we encourage each other to be the best we can be. Innovation drives us, and we challenge ourselves every day.
Get in touch and join us on our journey!
We are now looking for a Director – Global Accounting. We offer a challenging and dynamic role in a growth company with an opportunity to lead the accounting team across all our regions. We have accounting staff based in the Nordics, UK and the USA.
What you’ll do
- Lead a team of ca 12 highly engaged accounting and payables professionals
- Overall ownership of the monthly close process, and responsibility to optimise it
- Produce and review the accounting, including cash and financial statements (balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement)
- Responsibility for increasing competence and knowledge within the group and entire Sinch regarding our accounting models, including updating steering documentation
- Ensure compliance with the Sinch reporting and accounting principles, statutory and tax regulations in all our international jurisdictions
- Owner of ERP system domain and roadmap
- Help in further developing the accounting processes, systems and policies
- Collect data in a timely manner, through ERP systems and ensure accuracy, reliability and relevance
- Be the guardian of internal control by ensuring proper compliance with internal and external regulations and promotion of clear and efficient processes and instructions
Who you are
- Experienced accountant with long experience from accounting in multiple jurisdictions and exposure to IFRS as well as US GAAP
- Strong leader, with demonstrated capability to engage and coach teams from a distance
- Previous experience from leading change projects within the ERP system domain
- Good understanding of VAT and corporate tax regulations needed to manage a complex legal structure
- Process and documentation nerd, with a strong drive to optimize and reduce waste in processes
As a new role, there is a significant opportunity to leave a legacy through building processes and systems.
We are looking forward to hearing your thoughts on how we can achieve this in the best possible way!