Job Title: Systems Engineer
Reports to: Head of Operations, Kalmar
Location: Kalmar, Sweden
CLX is now looking for a Systems Engineer to join our operations team in Kalmar. This position is for an individual with a few solid years’ experience with hands on IT operations work. The role will be part of our operations team.
We think you have a drive and passionate interest for hands on operations work. The team is responsible for our business-critical production systems and therefore we require a high focus on implementation and precision. Basic skills in programming is a must, as we utilize a configuration management system which requires this.
Proficient communications skills in written and spoken English are requirements as we work with colleagues, partners and customers on global basis. Basic knowledge in Swedish is preferable.
We offer you an exciting work place with talented co-workers, interesting tasks and a chance to join the Company of the Year in the yearly Swedish Mobile Awards 2017. If this is something that sounds like you and makes you excited, then we'd like to meet you.
What we offer
You will play an important role in our growing and exciting journey, working with some of the best and most experienced people in the global mobile communication industry. We put a lot of emphasis to keep a strong core team and it is therefore essential for us to find the right individual with the right motivation and potential to grow within the company.
We are energetic, pragmatic, and humble and we get things done. As a truly global company, working with us means having the freedom and autonomy needed to succeed. We constantly challenge ourselves and each other to excel at what we do best. We motivate and encourage our employees to be their very best, every day.
We believe in work/life balance, and in making it possible to relax, be ourselves and enjoy the working day and the challenges it brings. We want you to do your best work at CLX and that means having fun and feeling taken care of. Apart from great colleagues, challenging work, a non-corporate atmosphere and a company with a vision, you also get a competitive Perks & Benefits package.
Take your chance to be part of an amazing team and join our exciting journey.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· You will be responsible for independently taking on tasks, configuring and working with the systems within our production environment
- Research and implement solutions within our system
- Develop and implement configuration management code
· Pair with other systems/security engineers to solve complex problems
· Participate in documenting our production systems
· Participate in planning meetings with the team
· Work with architects and other stakeholders to ensure that the IT and server infrastructure delivers the systems requirements specified and that it fits the overall solution architecture
· You have a university degree (BS/MS or equivalent) within Computer Science.
Skills and experience
· At least 3 years solid experience in hands on operations work.
· Preferably experience from technologies such as Puppet or other configuration management software.
· Proficient skills in Linux and IT systems management.
· Experience with AWS and/or networking (Cisco) is a bonus.