Sinch brings businesses and people closer with tools enabling personal engagement. Sinch is a leading global Communication Platform as a Service (CPaaS) provider, offering messaging, voice and video communication solutions to a large global customer base ranging from large enterprises to SMEs through a broad set of web service APIs. Sinch delivers customer engagement, helping businesses connect with people through mobile technology, leveraging a cloud communication platform that can reach every phone in the world in seconds. Sinch's APIs and the platform deal with over 30 billion engagements annually. Enterprise customers include 8 out of 10 of the largest US tech companies by market capitalisation, major airlines, banks, retail, e-tail, internet, ride-hailing, parcel delivery companies and more.
Sinch was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. Profitable from day one, Sinch has increased revenue and profit with 4x over the last 4 years through a mix of organic growth and a savvy M&A strategy. The business was bootstrapped by the founders and has raised capital only to fund acquisitions. Sinch has revenue of over $400M, with nearly $40M EBITDA, and employs 550 people across 40 locations, including offices in Atlanta, London, Madrid, San Francisco, Singapore and Sydney . The business publicly listed on Nasdaq Stockholm in 2015 and is now trading under the ticker SINCH with a market capitalization close to $700M as of early May 2019.
Reporting to Oscar Werner, Chief Executive Officer, you will own and run all aspects of Sinch’s five product lines. You will lead, mentor and grow a product organisation of c. 40 people distributed across offices in Stockholm, Atlanta and Seattle. You will be instrumental in setting and executing Sinch’s product roadmap, positioning the business to become the global leader in rich media communications and conversational messaging. You will drive growth and innovation across all product lines, both organically and by leveraging Sinch’s cash generation ability to identify and acquire strategic assets.
As Sinch continues to grow, you will play an instrumental role in establishing best-practices, implementing world-class product development processes and identifying the tools that will allow the business to scale in a sustainable manner and further accelerate the pace of innovation.
- Set, own and execute Sinch’s product roadmap and strategy with the goal of continuing its market leading success in the mobile messaging space and establishing the business as a market leader in real time communication, conversational, personalised and rich media messaging. You will have Profit & Loss responsibility for all product lines as measured by product contribution metrics.
- Lead, mentor and scale the product team, focusing on hiring and upskilling the teams in the key growth product lines while encouraging.
- The market is undergoing an exciting technology shift that is driving significant market growth. Sinch needs to innovate and create new products and business models in order to stay ahead of the curve
- Evangelize Sinch’s product mission inside and outside the company, ensuring that all product related choices are understood and supported by the broader organisation and where teams are empowered to work in a highly autonomous fashion.
- Work closely with the rest of the management team, particularly CTO, CMO and VP
- Operations, to drive the transition towards a modern cross-functional product development environment. Establish best practices and build/implement the tools needed to ensure world-class product delivery processes.
- Identify the best path to growth for each of Sinch’s product areas, evaluating which capabilities to buy vs. build and acting as key decision maker in the M&A strategy.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to set the Go To Market strategy and position
- Sinch as one of the most prominent and recognised brands in the CPaaS space.
- Keep up with and identify broader market trends in CPaaS and take actions to ensure Sinch will lead innovation in the space.
- Establish the tools and capabilities necessary to leverage the vast amount of data at Sinch’s disposal to inform the direction of product development in each of the five core product areas.
- Represent Sinch as a domain expert at industry and partner events, customer visits, and other outbound activities.
- Embrace and foster Sinch’s unique culture within the business and act as an ambassador for the company values outside the organisation.
- Proven experience as a product leader in a successful fast -moving global Enterprise SaaS business where the company has grown rapidly and successfully as a result of your contribution. Ideally, you will also have solid grounding and expertise in API-based products.
- Experience from Agile Development practices and modern web technologies, leading high-performing product teams operating in a cross-functional environment.
- Demonstrable track record of leading and scaling large and geographically distributed product teams with the ability to ensure clear communication and alignment across different time zones.
- Experience driving growth in a software business both through organic product development and M&A activities.
- Experience in delivering and facilitating innovation at scale in an intentional and structured manner with a significant impact on the growth of a business.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the main Software go-to-market techniques, including Direct to Enterprise, Channels and Online / Self service. Experience from value based go to market techniques is a plus (i.e. selling churn reduction, no-show rate reduction, abandonment rate reduction instead of simply technical features).
- Relevant domain experience in CRM, Customer Journey, Cloud contact center, Payments,Commerce, CPaaS, IPaas as well as knowledge of data intensive, Machine Learning, Deep Learning or AI driven products and development are a plus.
- Excellent communicator, low ego, capable of motivating and energising reports and peers, with a proven ability to create a highly collaborative working environment.
- Capable of effectively engaging and communicating with enterprise customers, creating strong feedback cycles in the product development process and establishing a customer-centric culture in the product organisation.
- Technically literate and able to engage and collaborate closely with engineering counterparts.
Ideally you have a technical degree (Computer Science or similar) or equivalent experience.
Location: US or Sweden
Working Life at Sinch
Work should be challenging, inspiring and fun. At Sinch we take work seriously but not necessarily ourselves. Working at Sinch includes among other things: Hard work, Professionalism, Diverse cultures, Honesty, Passion, Quality, Fun, Long distance conference calls, Growth, New experiences, and Success.
Working with the right people and having a strong value-based culture is important to us. #WeAreSinch