Sinch brings businesses and people closer with tools enabling personal engagement. Sinch is a leading global Communication Platform as a Service (CPaaS) provider, offering messaging, voice and video communication solutions to a large global customer base ranging from large enterprises to SMEs through a broad set of web service APIs. Sinch delivers customer engagement, helping businesses connect with people through mobile technology, leveraging a cloud communication platform that can reach every phone in the world in seconds. Sinch's APIs and the platform deal with over 30 billion engagements annually. Enterprise customers include 8 out of 10 of the largest US tech companies by market capitalization, major airlines, banks, retail, e-tail, internet, ride-hailing, parcel delivery companies and more.
Sinch was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. Profitable from day one, Sinch has increased revenue and profit with 4x over the last 4 years through a mix of organic growth and a savvy M&A strategy. The business was bootstrapped by the founders and has raised capital only to fund acquisitions. Sinch has revenue of over $400M, with nearly $40M EBITDA, and employs 550 people across 40 locations, including offices in Atlanta, London, Madrid, San Francisco, Singapore and Sydney. The business publicly listed on Nasdaq Stockholm in 2015 and is now trading under the ticker SINCH with a market capitalization close to $700M as of early May 2019.
The Role – Product Manager US Messaging
As Product Manager Messaging you will be an integral part of the Product team managing the Messaging products within Sinch reporting to the Director of US Messaging in Atlanta. You will join an experienced team of communication experts and a company widely recognized as one of the most successful in the industry.
You will take ownership of Sinch product management in your region(s), including:
- Formulate and continuously adapting the strategic plan for product development and marketing in the region
- Assist Sales team in pricing new products and services & manage existing product pricing
- Work to find new partnerships and develop existing relationships for our native Enterprise Messaging business
- Executing the plan, including the end-to-end hands-on process from identifying key persons, initial contact, building trust and agreement signature
- Set up new and manage new and existing operator relationships
- Understanding our operator partners’ needs and identifying new business requirements and opportunities
- Participating in relevant industry conferences (GSMA etc.)
- Manage product marketing and go to market strategies
- Competitive intelligence; expectation to understand, qualify and prioritize needs. Convert these into executive level review as needed
- Create and analyze business cases for new connections, products or services
- Support sales with RFPs, client meetings and converting client requirements into Product Development
- Manage internal tasks and work with Engineering to implement these new features and functionality
- Support the technical departments within Sinch. This means you understand and help expose upcoming features the US and other teams are building. You will attend internal meetings with regional Product Development teams and help roadmap mutual strategic requirements
We are an energetic, pragmatic, humble, young team of people who get things done. Our company has accomplished remarkable things in the 10 years since our founding, thanks to our people and a fun-loving, hard-working culture.
We recruit selectively and want you to help us continue on this path by bringing new valuable opportunities to life, with support from the wider Sinch team.
To be able to take this role we believe you have a few years of experience from sales or other commercial roles working at or with mobile operators:
- 5-10 years of experience from sales, product marketing or other crossover commercial and technical roles, preferably in the mobile space
- Understanding of enterprise Messaging or related industries is a plus
- Basic understanding of messaging and voice protocols, SMPP, REST, SIP, VoIP and encoding.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, quick-thinker able to understand technical solutions
- High energy to quickly build and manage a long list of ongoing discussions
- Outgoing personality who enjoys reaching out and building relationships with new people both internally and externally
- It’s important that you are a self-starter and comfortable in new situations, but also comfortable reaching out to new people for advice and support
- Strong drive, persistent, determined and comfortable working with decision makers on all levels, including both technical and commercial
- Strong analytical skills and structured in your daily work
- Degree in engineering or similar academic area, or relevant work experience from tech-company/solution
- Excellent communication skills