Sinch is a people driven company—just as passionate about our customers and products as we are about our culture. Do you want to join a team who are passionate about unleashing the powers of our people? Are you ready to have a high impact role and be part of building something incredible, together? Look no further!
The essence of the role
We are a profitable, high growth, tech company with 600+ people in 25 countries. However, most things are still undone within HR and there is huge potential. The business is looking for an HR team that is part of creating an amazing employee experience. Which is why the HR team is growing, from 4 people in January to currently 11. We create great impact on our business through our people.
You will be a significant part of developing our employee journey and in taking our employee experience to the next level.
The ideal candidate has a desire to make a big impact and get a thrill from playing a pivotal role in contributing to Sinch’s continued growth and success. This role reports to the Chief Human Resource Officer and will be part of departmental Leadership Team as well as the global HR Team with peers in the UK and US. You will be based in either Stockholm or Malmö depending on your preferences.
- Continuously create a fantastic employee experience ensuring that every employee has a great journey with the company.
- Drive and strengthen the company culture by being an inspiring champion and role model.
- Own and drive the people agenda within your designated area (Approx. 200 employees).
- Co-Create various HR initiatives such as culture work, onboarding, leadership framework, employee engagement, D&I and performance management.
- Closely collaborate with the internal Talent Acquisition & Employer Branding team to secure, develop and retain the right people.
This is not your typical HR role. This is an opportunity for you to create, drive and implement high impact initiatives in a fast-growing business. There are no ready-made concepts for you to take over, it’s your responsibility (together with the team) to create, package and implement these concepts. In order to succeed you need to be progressive and thrive in a role where you won’t be micromanaged but where you are expected to take charge. Travels will occur both in Europe and USA.
Sinch is a global, vibrant, business who kept its start-up feel. Our market is growing and so are we. You will be part of a team where everyone is thrilled about our journey and challenges ahead.
Who are you?
- You have at least 8 years of successful, innovative and value driven HR experience in a global environment.
- Experienced in driving change and building culture with a Hands-on, Can-do, Can-try approach.
- You’re a self-starter with high energy who independently drive your work forward and are able to create engagement.
- You easily gain trust at all levels and have excellent relationship-building skills with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels.
- You thrive in a fast-paced industry and champion positive change.
- Experience of a growing tech company.
- Experience of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Experience of M&As.
- Experience of agile methodologies.
Sinch brings businesses and people closer with tools enabling personal engagement. Sinch is a leading global Communication Platform as a Service (CPaaS) provider, offering messaging, voice and video communication solutions to a large global customer base ranging from large enterprises to SMEs through a broad set of web service APIs. Sinch delivers customer engagement, helping businesses connect with people through mobile technology, leveraging a cloud communication platform that can reach every phone in the world in seconds. Sinch's APIs and the platform deal with over 30 billion engagements annually. Enterprise customers include 8 out of 10 of the largest US tech companies by market capitalization, major airlines, banks, retail, e-tail, internet, ride-hailing, parcel delivery companies and more.
Sinch was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. Profitable from day one, Sinch has increased revenue and profit with 4x over the last 4 years through a mix of organic growth and a savvy M&A strategy. The business was bootstrapped by the founders and has raised capital only to fund acquisitions. Sinch has revenue of over $400M, with nearly $40M EBITDA, and employs 550 people across 40 locations, including offices in Atlanta, London, Madrid, San Francisco, Singapore and Sydney. The business publicly listed on Nasdaq Stockholm in 2015 and is now trading under the ticker SINCH with a market capitalization close to $700M as of early May 2019.