Job Title: Software Developer
Location: Barbican - London, UK
Reports to: Director of Engineering UK
Our company mission is to simplify global cloud communications and to find a niche by serving both the enterprise and mobile operator sides of the value chain. In order to do this, we have developed shared in-house state-of-the-art technology and products which allows us to quickly and efficiently build bridges between different players in the market.
Our mission is to keep adapting to the changing markets, communications use cases and growour product portfolio, from Messaging, to Voice and now on to Message Personalization. Our core value however remains to deliver the highest quality products through deep Tier 1 integrations with mobile operators around the world. Simply put, our mission is:Connecting People and Things to a World of Infinite Possibilities.
Sinch is the world’s largest mobile transaction network. Our company mission is to simplify global cloud communications and to find a niche by serving both the enterprise and mobile operator sides of the value chain. In order to do this, we have developed shared in-house state-of-the-art technology and products which allows us to quickly and efficiently build bridges between different players in the market.
The platform processes in excess of 1 Billion API events per month and hasn’t broken a sweat which demonstrates that we can scale with our customers’ needs no matter how big they are. Our core delivery engine is rated at more than 10,000 transactions per second per node.
● You will be a valued and important member of a successful Kanban team, equally responsible for the quality of the software that's produced.
● You will be actively supporting the team to translate the User Stories into code.
● You will be accountable for ensuring that when the sprint concludes your high-quality deliveries are integrated with the other artifacts in the team.
● You are expected to educate the team on new technologies, automated testing and documentation and feel proud about the team achievements.
About your responsibilities
● Work in an agile, cross functional team taking responsibility for the team deliverables and quality.
● Heavily contribute to the code base (This is a 100% hands-on code design and coding role)
● Work closely with other software engineering teams and business stakeholders to develop our internal and external web applications
● Promote good software engineering practices (e.g. test-driven development, performance in design, self-healing solutions)
● Maintain and improve development methodologies and best practice.
● Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging developments and trends in related technology arenas that could impact current projects and influence new projects.
Required Skills and experience
● You must have Front end software development experience of at least 2 years+
● Experience of middle tier web applications - Spring, Perl, Json, GraphQL, Web Services.
● Experience in software engineering technologies such as Java, Java/Spring, PHP,
● Experience of Java development tools (JDK) and technologies.
● MySQL, Tomcat and/or Apache Linux
● Strong development exposure – full knowledge and experience of development life cycle
● Must be driven and focused on problem identification and resolution
● Experience of using code management tools - ideally GitLab, SVN
● Experience of using TDD and/or automation tools (ie) Selenium, JUnit, TestNG
● Experience of application/web servers - Apache, Tomcat, JETTY
● You must be a highly creative, enthusiastic, conscientious, a detail-oriented self-starter
● Have an excellent understanding of continuous integration/delivery and test automation
● Have proven experience of working with Agile concepts and methodologies
● Have proven experience of working in teams in the successful delivery of complex, highly performing and high-quality software systems.
● Be proactive and self-sufficient individual capable of taking ownership of entire environments and any issues with them
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Attention to detail is essential
● Ability to ‘take the initiative’ and to strive to improve
● Ability to plan and manage commitments
● Good software management skills, archiving, installing and configuring commercial and open source tools.
● Strong Linux scripting – PERL, BASH
● Network programming with TCP, UDP, IP, SSL, Certificates
● You have a University degree within Computer Science or Software Engineering and experience of Java software development.
● Ideally vocational qualifications or proven experience in Software Development and Testing