Sinch is looking for a Software Engineer to work on the platform and applications
that form our real-time voice- and video communications product offering.
Our communications platform is a distributed system both in the geographical
sense in that we provide globally distributed points of presence and access to
our platform, and in its internal service-oriented architecture. The real-time
aspects of the product combined with global availability of our services means
interesting challenges as a software developer on the team and we expect you to
bring experience and expertise in areas relevant to this.
The core of our platform is built on C# and the .NET Core platform with
applications deployed as Linux containers on AWS. Ideally we see that you have
a couple of years of experience with C# and the .NET Core platform. If Java
is your strongest language and platform, have relevant experience, and are also
enthusiastic about making the shift onto the .NET Core platform, then we will
support you in ramping up quickly.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Design, develop, deploy, and maintain our .NET Core applications, services
and components that are forming our voice- and video product offerings.
• Independently taking requirements in the form of user stories and writing
well documented, tested, robust, stable and scalable software code.
• Develop and execute unit- and integration tests.
• Participate and contribute in team’s backlog analysis and refinement.
• Participate in documenting software deliverables.
• Participate in release and iteration planning with team.
• Work with architects and other stakeholders to ensure that the software
design delivers the systems requirements specified and that it fits the overall
You have a university degree (BSc or MSc) within Computer Science or Software
Engineering, or equivalent skills and experience.
Skills and Experience
• 3+ years of relevant experience with C# on .NET or Java.
• Experience working with SQL databases and table- and query design that
meets high performance requirements.
• Experience with shipping code in a CI/CD pipeline and actively looking
for ways to improve the effectiveness of the pipeline.
• You find it natural to automate tasks, everything from repetitive tasks in
your personal development workflow to how we deploy and operate our
• You are comfortable deploying software in a Linux server (container)
• Proficient communications skills in written and spoken English are requirements.
• In-depth knowledge of and experience with network protocols IP, TCP,
• Experience with WebRTC protocols and NAT traversal, ICE, STUN,
• Experience with traditional VoIP protocols SIP, SDP, RTP.
• Experience with Linux containers and orchestration.