Sinch brings businesses and people closer with tools enabling personal engagement. Our cloud communications platform reaches every mobile phone on the planet, in seconds or less, through mobile messaging, voice and video. Today we are 500 people strong, with a local presence in over 40 locations. Our cloud platform now supports messaging, voice and video, and handles 25 billion API transactions per year. We’re proud to work with some of the world’s largest and most demanding customers, including 8 out of the 10 largest U.S. tech enterprises, as well as mobile operators all around the world.
Our expert teams are built from some of the most experience in the industry. We employ people from all over the world, from all walks of life and from all backgrounds. We work together, feeding on our differences to make us stronger, and we encourage each other to be best we can be. Innovation drives us, and we challenge ourselves every day. That’s why we can take so much pride in what we have achieved so far.
Working at Sinch means rubbing shoulders with some of the best people in the cloud communications industry. We place a lot of emphasis on keeping a strong core team, so it’s essential for us to find the right people, with the right motivation and the potential to grow within the company.
The HR representative provides administrative support to the North America and the HR department and assists with payroll processing for US and Canada. This position will organize and coordinate administration duties and office procedures, while being a champion for the Sinch culture, maintaining an engaging work environment, and ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety.
- Conduct benefits enrollment for new employees.
- Complete I-9 for new hires and maintains I-9 records.
- Submit the online applicant investigation requests and assist with new employee background checks.
- Reconcile the benefits statements.
- Perform benefits-related reconciliations.
- Update HRIS database records and process paperwork for new hires, terminations and other status changes.
- Create new employee personnel files and file papers and documents into appropriate employee files.
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Assist HR Manager with various research projects and/or special projects (ie in-house or off-site activities, job fairs, celebrations).
- Work with recruitment agency and coordinate interview schedules.
- Liase with facility management vendors, and address employees’ queries regarding office management issues e.g. office supplies, cleaning, catering and security services
- Scheduling meetings and appointments within the office
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS in Human Resources or relevant field with 1-3 years of experience
- Proven work experience as an HR Administrative Assistant, Office Admin, or relevant role
- Proven work experience in payroll and benefits, ie ADP WorkforceNow, Concur, Cigna, etc
- Computer literacy (MS Office applications, in particular)
- Excellent time management, organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A creative, independent person with the ability to suggest improvements
- No relocation assistance provided. Local candidates only.